JULY HOLIDAY PROGRAM FAQ’s
Are the Holiday Programs still going ahead?
Yes, Camp Gems Holiday Program will run a half day program during these school holidays. This decision has been made based on and according to the guidelines of the Depratments of Health and Education. We have made a few necessary adjustments, including no excursions, rather incursions.
Can my child for sure come to the program?
No, under no circumstances can someone who has any COVID-19 symptoms or anyone who is considered a “close contact” or “casual contact” or someone with COVID -19 enter the premises, this will include parents coming to drop off as well. If you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms please do not register. Those considered vulnerable should consult their doctor before dropping off their child or grandchild. Also Please make sure to have downloaded the COVID SAFE APP (so if you were unknowingly in contact with someone testing positive during the week you will be notified and will be able to let us know).
Are there special rules for this holiday program while we are still recovering from the COIVID -19 Pandemic?
Yes, the full risk management and rules can be obtained from the office but some important ones are:
- Children and Staff temperatures will be taken upon entry and anyone with temperature of 38 or above will not be permitted to enter
- Upon entry and before and after every activity children and staff will use hand sanitizer
- Families are not allowed to enter past the "sign in" area. Children will be brought to them there.
- Children out when eating
- We will Ensure children wash their hands thoroughly before and after eating and throughout the day
- We will sterilise areas where children will eat prior to and after eating
How are you cleaning the service before each day/session?
We uphold the highest standards when it comes to cleaning our centre and have stringent processes in place. All areas and surfaces are cleaned prior to each session of care.
Hand Sanitiser and hand washing
Children and staff are being reminded to wash hands before and after they eat, after they go to the toilet and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Sanitizer is available as well.